Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wayne County: Frustration Can Lead to Motivation?

While the numbers don't quite add up, probably because of typos, and the grammar is very choppy, I have a few reasons for reposting this complaint here.  First, it mentions how "they should also assign a case worker to your case, not the who ever answers the phone system they have now."  While this does make sense, it is unlikely to happen in the near future.

So I wanted to take the time to say that in my experience, it is better to go into the FOC in person to handle a problem (as with any problem, really) than it is to try to take care of it over the phone.  This is not always practical though, so I have found that when calling the FOC it is good to do two things: 

1)  Get the name of the person who takes the call.  She (or he) will usually say her first name.  If she doesn't, then ask.  Go through your question or problem and hang up. 

2)   Repeat.  Yes, they usually put the caller on hold and the call-back doesn't have to be an immediate one, but it can be.  Either way, when you call back you will usually get a different person - and a different explanation.  Often times I would call more than twice.

Another reason for calling attention to this article is the statement that "the over the counter drug charge is ridiculous there is no way that it should even exist."   I agree, I have never heard of this, and I am wondering what it is.

The last reason is the call for people to work together, by both the story and a subsequent comment, to hold this system accountable.  It looks to me like links and info got deleted by ripoffreport.com, so I want to at least give it some more recognition being that this is really the point of this blog.


Michigan Friend Of The Court Things Need To Change With The Friend Of The Court Detroit, Michigan


The Friend Of The Court is not our Friend and that needs to change. The program needs to be re-evaluated, there system doesn't work and no one is there to over see the wrongs that are being done to good people that intend to pay support and take care of there children. 

The FOC sent an order to my employer that i had to have insurance on my son, never once checking to see what the cost was. now i have to take a $522.00 dollar a month hit until they review my complaint that this is over 5% of my income. Now they are taking over $1100.00 a month from my check.  

This needs to stop and i would like to organize a group and see what our chances are to sue the FOC for the money they have taken from good people like us.  And file to have the system changed and examined and have offices put in towns around Mi were they belong and not 1 office in Detroit.

They should also assign a case worker to your case, not the who ever answers the phone system they have now.

There formula that they use needs to be re-formulated. when my son lived with me there was at no time it cost me $500 a month, not even at school time. Also the over the counter drug charge is ridiculous there is no way that it should even exist.

If anyone is interested email me at (((ROR redacted))) but make sure you have proof of the system cheating you so then we can share the cost and find an attorney that will fight for us. THE VICTIMS OF FOC

#1 Consumer Comment

michigan friend of the court

AUTHOR: RMJ - Lansing (United States of America)

i was wondering if there was any way that people could contact each other by email so we could get a group of us together and fight this bs system. Let me know thanks rmj

No comments:

Post a Comment